What is Web 3.0
Web 3.0 is the next generation of Internet technology that heavily relies on the use of machine learning and artificial intelligence (AI). It aims to create more open, connected, intelligent websites and web applications which focus on using a machine-based understanding of data.
Through the use of AI and advanced machine learning techniques, Web 3.0 aims to provide more personalized and relevant information at a faster rate. This can be achieved through the use of smarter search algorithms and development in Big Data analytics.
Current websites typically have static information or user-driven content, such as forums and social media. While this allows information to be published to a broad group of people, it may not cater to a specific user’s need. A website should be able to tailor the information it provides to each individual user, similar to the dynamism of real-world human communication.
What makes Web 3.0 superior to Web 1.0 and 2.0?
- No central point of control: Since middlemen are removed from the equation, user data will no longer be controlled by them. This reduces the risk of censorship by governments or corporations and cuts down the effectiveness of Denial-of-Service (DoS) attacks.
- Increased information interconnectivity: As more products become connected to the Internet, larger data sets provide algorithms with more information to analyze. This can help them provide more accurate information that accommodates the specific needs of the individual user.
- More efficient browsing: When using search engines, finding the best result used to be quite challenging. Over the years, they have become better at finding semantically-relevant results based on search context and metadata. Web 2.0 also introduced social tagging systems, but those can be manipulated. With smarter algorithms, manipulated results can be filtered by AI.
- Improved advertising and marketing: No one likes being bombarded with online ads. However, if the ads are relevant to one’s interests and needs, they could be useful instead of being an annoyance. Web 3.0 aims to improve advertising by leveraging smarter AI systems, and by targeting specific audiences based on consumer data.
- Better customer support: When it comes to websites and web applications, customer service is key for a smooth user experience. Due to the massive costs, though, many web services that become successful are unable to scale their customer service operations accordingly. Through the use of smarter chatbots that can talk to multiple customers simultaneously, users can enjoy a superior experience when dealing with support agents.
Devotees of blockchain imagine a much more disrupted web in the future, with the technology affording economic transformation in cryptocurrencies and NFTs, and the basic organisation of society in the flowering of distributed autonomous organisations (DAOs.) Also, supporters and enthusiasts argue that its evolution will restore free speech on the internet to its original, uncensored form with the added failsafe that on a blockchain network, it is (theoretically) impossible to delete information undetected.
KEY FEATURES OF WEB 3.0
Scallop offers everyone an opportunity to learn and know more about its chain and crypto space at large. To stay updated on Scallop Learn ‘Know your Crypto” series, click HERE
Scallop is an innovative fintech ecosystem for users who want a faster, more efficient way to manage their crypto + fiat in a single place securely. Scallop’s mission is to bring digital assets into mainstream use and bridge the gap between decentralised and traditional finance.